The Clean Life Terms and Conditions – The Clean Life is dedicated to supplying our clients with products and services that keep their homes clean, organized, tidy, functional and happy.
Where possible, we aim to curate products which are:
– Eco friendly
Use of our services constitutes your acceptance of our Customer Service Agreement.
Should you require any further information in relation to our customer service agreement please contact us through our email address and we will endeavour to respond to your enquiry within 24 hours.
Product Terms and conditions
By placing an order you agree to the following;
- That you will take note of any safety guidelines, size and ingredients listed on the products for suitability and safety for yourself or your family.
- Once an order is processed and checked out, it cannot be cancelled.
- If an item is out of stock at the time of ordering, we will let you know as soon as possible and give you the choice to either refund/credit, or back order.
- If you have any issues with your item(s) please email [email protected] within 48 hrs of receiving your order, with a photo of the problem and a description.
- With a booked cleaning service
- Via post
Home services Terms and conditions
We would like to assure you that TCL has, and is continuing to take all necessary precautions to ensure that TCL team and its clients are kept safe at all times.
Subject to the terms of this Agreement, The Clean Life agrees to provide cleaning services (the “Service”) to the Customer at an address specified by the Customer (the “Premises”).
Information from Covid blog here
The Clean Life any rubbish bins or removal during covid19,
The Service will be for such cleaning duties as agreed to by the Customer and The Clean Life at the time of booking.
The Clean Life endeavours to provide the service faithfully, diligently and in a timely and professional manner.
At the time of booking the Customer must provide details of any hazards, slippery surfaces, risks or dangers, ingrained dirt, grease or grime located at the Premises;
The Clean Life provides all quotations at the time of booking in good faith and with the information provided by The Customer. If any information is not provided at the time of booking – The Clean Life reserves the right to alter the price of The Service.
The Customer must inform The Clean Life at the time of booking if they have special requirements related to allergies or issues with specific cleaning products and other arrangements can be made prior to the service taking place.
The Clean Life will discuss the price prior to any booking being made.
The Clean Life reserves the right to refuse a booking based on the level of decontamination and equipment required.
The actual price payable by the Customer is calculated on the size and condition of the property, and calculated on the hourly rate of each cleaner, plus gst.
Any price quoted by The Clean Life is an estimate only – based on an hourly rate, The Clean Life experience, without physical inspection, and based on information provided by the Customer over the phone or through online websites and or email correspondence. Subject to this clause, estimations are valid for a period of 30 days and are subject to visual inspection prior to commencement of the clean.
If at the commencement or during the course of providing the Service, it is apparent that the actual cost of the Service will exceed the estimation provided by The Clean Life, The Clean Life will provide the Customer with the option to pay an increased fee to complete the Service, or pay the estimated time without the whole Service being completed. The Customer will be given a choice on what areas should be prioritized.
If our office staff are unable to contact the Customer, the Service will end at the pre-stated time advised in the estimate given or at the time of booking and The Clean Life will make an informed decision on which areas should be prioritized.
The Customer must provide, The Clean Life with at least 24 hours’ notice prior to the Service Time, if they wish to suspend, postpone, alter or cancel the Service for any reason.
In the event that such notice has been given, The Clean Life will endeavour to reschedule the Service if required.
In the event that the Customer does not provide 24 hours’ notice prior to the commencement of the Service, the Customer agrees to pay a cancellation fee equivalent to 2 hours cleaning (inclusive of GST) for administrative costs and loss.
Customer Representations and Warranties
The Customer represents and warrants that:
- They will provide a safe working environment at the Premises;
- The Cleaner will have unencumbered and unobstructed access to those areas of the Premises requiring the Service;
- They will provide the Cleaner with access to all services and utilities (including hot and cold water, electricity, and rubbish bins) as required by the Cleaner to provide the cleaning service;
- Any cleaning equipment and materials provided by the Customer are safe, have not been tampered with and are in full working order;
- The Client will advise The Clean Life prior to the commencement of the Service of any hazards, slippery surfaces, risks or dangers, ingrained dirt, grease or grime at the Premises;
If the Customer requires the Cleaner to clean behind or under any heavy items (e.g. a fridge, bookshelves or other furniture), or the in between glass panes of an oven – they will move those items prior to the commencement of the Service.
The Client will advise and secure or remove any fragile, delicate, breakable or valuable items, including cash, jewellery, works of art, antiques, or items of sentimental value prior to the commencement of the Service.
The Client will ensure the property has been fully vacated prior to our cleaner’s attendance for bond/exit cleans.
In the event that the Customer does not provide unencumbered access to the Premises for The Clean Life or its Cleaners to provide the Service, the Customer agrees to pay a cancellation fee equivalent to 2hours cleaning (plus GST) for administrative and travel costs.
Health and Safety Risk
In addition to the obligations and warranties set out above, the Customer acknowledges and agrees that:
- The Cleaner is entitled to undertake a job safety analysis before the commencement of any work to assess the health and safety risk at the Premises.
- The Cleaner may, either before or during the provision of the Service not use or cease using any materials or cleaning equipment provided by the Customer if the Cleaner thinks, in their absolute discretion, that the use of such materials or cleaning equipment pose a risk to health and safety.
- For eg – The Cleaner will not clean anything higher than what can be reached with The Clean Life supplied step ladder or cobweb tool and will not move any furniture that is over 5kg.
The Cleaner may, either before or during the provision of the Service not provide or cease the provision of the Service where carrying out the Service presents, in the absolute discretion of the Cleaner, a risk to health and safety.
Abuse or assault, verbal or physical, on our staff will not be tolerated and legal action or criminal prosecution will be taken against any Customer or 3rd party who is in breach of this subsection.
Additions and Amendments
Any changes to the Service to be provided must be agreed to by The Clean Life in writing (FB or email) prior to starting any work.
The Cleaner is not authorized to agree to any changes or variations to the Service being provided without first consulting The Clean Life management.
If The Clean Life attends a job site with the provision that a job has been confirmed by a client and the services are no longer needed or warranted without at least 24 Hours’ notice The Clean Life will charge the min call out fee which is 2 man hours plus gst.
On all new cleans – our teams will take before and after photos in order to assist us with quality control.
The Customer’s privacy is important toThe Clean Life and permission would be obtained prior to usage of photos for promotional use.
No Engagement of Cleaners
The Customer acknowledges The Clean Life invests significant resources in recruiting, selecting and training its Cleaners.
Unless The Clean Life gives prior written permission, the Customer must not, directly or indirectly, engage, employ or contract with any Cleaner to provide domestic services to the Customer or any associate of the customer for any period during which services are provided by The Clean Life for a period within 2 Years after the conclusion of Service.
The Customer acknowledges that The Clean Life may suffer loss and damage, including, without limitation consequential loss, as a result of a breach of this clause by the Customer.
Where, The Clean Life agreed to invoice the Customer for payment of fees after the Service has been completed, the Customer agrees to pay in full, all fees due, within 2 days of the invoice date.
The Customer agrees that if,The Clean LIfe has not received payment in full for the Service within two weeks of the original invoice date then a late payment fee of 9% will be charged for every week unless alternative arrangements can be made with the accounts department.
In addition to the amounts set out above, the Customer agrees to indemnify, The Clean Life for all legal costs (on a solicitor and own client or full indemnity basis, whichever is greater) and other expenses incurred by, The Clean Life in connection with a demand, action, or other proceeding (including mediation, out of court settlement or any action taken for recovery of debt from the Customer) arising out of a breach of these terms including the failure by the Customer to pay an amount by the due date.
The Clean Life reserves the right to report any non-payment to either a collection agency and or is not limited to also report non-payment to the Rental Tenancies Authority (RTA) and or your property agent at its sole discretion and in doing this may affect your credit rating and or ability to seek rental properties in the future.
If the Customer is dissatisfied for any reason with the Service provided, they must inform, The Clean Life within 12 hours of completing the Service.
A review will then take place and if required we will reattend within 3 days of your initial service.
The Clean Life strives to achieve 100% customer satisfaction where reasonably possible in its efforts to provide the Service and will endeavour to resolve a problem quickly and efficiently
The Clean Life will only return FREE OF CHARGE to services in which a FULL SERVICE has been completed (no cap or budget cleans).
The customer holds the sole responsibility of entrance to the property and must provide a detailed list of required rectification points to our cleaners upon their arrival. In addition to the above mentioned it is a requirement that the client is present at the property and signs off on the rectification clean once their satisfaction has been met. Any rectification clean is then deemed complete.
The Clean Life will endeavour to remove all stains although no guarantee can be given to the actual removal of any stain.
Drying times with regard to carpet cleaning depend on good ventilation to the property and The Clean Life does not guarantee the actual time for drying of cleaned items and or carpets.
Accidents, Breakage, Damage & Theft
The Customer must inform, The Clean Life of any incident where an accident, breakage, damage to property or theft has occurred due to any act of the Cleaner within 24 hours of completion of the Service and or contact the local authorities if needed.
To the extent permitted by law, the Customer is not entitled to claim any loss for any incident if the incident is not reported to, The Clean Life within 24 hours of completion of the Service.
To the extent permitted by law, damage or loss to the following items is specifically excluded from the liability of, The Clean Life under these terms and conditions: cash, jewellery, art, antiques, and items of sentimental value.
Exclusions and Limitations
The only conditions and warranties which are binding on,The Clean Life in respect of the state, quality or condition of goods and services supplied by, The Clean Life to Customers are those imposed and required to be binding by statute (including the Trade Practices Act 1974).
To the extent permitted by statute, the liability, if any, of The Clean Life is, at, The Clean Life option, limited to and completely discharged by the resupply of the Service. , The Clean Life is not responsible for:
- Not completing or providing the Service as a result of a breach of our Customer Service Agreement by the Customer (including a failure by the Customer to provide proper materials, cleaning equipment, utility services, a safe working environment or unencumbered access to the Premises); or
- Any damages caused by defective cleaning materials or cleaning equipment provided by the Customer;
- Not completing or providing the Service as a result of the cleaner not proceeding for health and safety reasons.
- Any loss or damage incurred by the Customer or any third party as a result of the effects of a force majeure, being any event beyond the reasonable control of , The Clean Life
- Not completing or providing the Service due to an act or omission of the Customer or any other person at the Premises during provision of the Service;
- Existing dirt, wear, damage or stains that cannot be completely cleaned or removed;
- Any wear or discolouring of fabric or surfaces becoming more visible once dirt has been removed;
- Any loss incurred as a result of any breakage or damage to goods, items of value (including antiques, items of sentimental value) or the Premises; or
- The cost of any key replacement or locksmith fees
- Except as provided in this clause, all conditions and warranties implied by law in respect of the state, quality or condition of the Service which may apart from this clause be binding on, The Clean LIfe are excluded.
- The Customer acknowledges that the results of any services provided may vary depending on a number of factors (including materials used, equipment provided, time elapsed since Premises was last cleaned, and the nature of cleaning required), and that , The Clean Life gives no guarantee as to the actual results certain marks and/or stains.
The Customer indemnifies, The Clean Life against:
- All losses or liabilities arising directly or indirectly as a result of the provision of the Service including all losses or liabilities caused as a result of a breach of the warranties of the Customer set out in clause.
- All legal costs (on a solicitor and own client or full indemnity basis, whichever is greater) and other expenses incurred by , The Clean Life in connection with a demand, action, arbitration or other proceeding (including mediation, compromise, out of court settlement or appeal and including any action taken for the recovery of a debt from the Customer).
- This Agreement may be terminated by the Customer by providing at least 24 hours’ notice prior to the Service Time.
- The Clean Life may terminate this Agreement by providing the Customer with at least 24 hours’ notice prior to the Service Time.
- The Clean Life may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect if the Customer is in breach of this Agreement, and in the opinion of, The Clean Life that breach is incapable of remedy.
- The Customer acknowledges that any information provided by the Customer may be used by The Clean Life for the purpose of providing the Service. The Clean Life agrees not to share any information provided by the Customer with any third party not directly involved in the provision of the Service (unless required to do so by law).
- The Customer agrees to, The Clean Life communicating with them electronically and/or via other means in order to provide the Service or for reasons related to the provision of the Service.
- The Clean Life will take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information provided by the Customer from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Changes to this Agreement
- The Clean Life reserves the right to update or modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice, and may do so by publishing an updated agreement on its website. Each updated agreement will take effect 24 hours after it has been published on the website.
- The Customer agrees that any use of the Service following any such change, whether as a single job or as part of a regular cleaning schedule, constitutes their agreement to follow and be bound by the terms and conditions as changed.
Law & Jurisdiction
- The Customer and, The Clean Life acknowledge and accept that this Agreement shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Victoria and both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria in the event of any dispute.
- The Customer agrees that if any term or provision is held invalid, void or unenforceable, then that provision will be considered severable and the remaining terms and provisions shall continue to be binding.
The content of this Agreement is protected by international copyright laws and may be used for personal reference only. Subject to applicable law, permission to copy, alter, reproduce, and publish, transmit and/or otherwise distribute this content is forbidden without first obtaining the prior written permission of, The Clean Life